Sunday, September 4, 2011

MOTHER OF THE GROOM


by Teresa Slack
September 4, 2011

                       That's me, Teresa Slack, Mother of the Groom


Weddings are on my mind a lot lately. Not only am I a writer hoping to contract my first romance in several years, my son is getting married next week. Just about every proposal, wedding, and falling in love scenario has been done more times than a writer can count. In movies we've seen prospective grooms propose in airports, on the Jumbo-Tron at any number of sporting events, in skywriting or over a candlelit dinner where the groom either catches something on fire or the bride gulps down the engagement ring hidden in her wineglass.

My question is: Does this ever happen in real life? Did it happen to you or someone you know? My son proposed very romantically to his then-girlfriend last year on her birthday. He popped the question at a spot on the Ohio River in Cincinnati where they like to picnic and hang out. It has beautiful memories for them, and now the most beautiful of all.

My husband proposed to me while I was cooking dinner at the tiny stove in my mobile home kitchen. I shrieked yes before he could even get out the entire proposal. I was never good at curbing my enthusiasm. What about you? Was your proposal wildly romantic? What moment from the wedding stands out in your mind? Is there anything you wish you would've done differently? Besides picking a different bride or groom that is...

Please share and let's see if we can get those romantic creative juices flowing. 

You've met the mother of the groom, Teresa Slack. But did you know that she is also a published novelist? Scroll down to see the covers of her books, and then if you would leave a comment, that would be great. 







3 comments:

Molly Noble Bull said...

Teresa,
You are a young-looking mother of the groom. But knowing you, you are a good one.
Love,
Molly

Molly Noble Bull said...

You are also a young-looking author. May you sell many more books.
Love,
Molly

Cecelia said...

Hey Teresa!
My husband proposed to me at a romantic restaurant called Paul's. The wedding was beautiful! I've had some to tell me it was the prettiest wedding they've ever seen! I posted wedding pics on my blog once time. You can see them here

Although I posted these online back in 2009, the wedding actually occurred in 2003! Congrats to your son and his new bride!

~Cecelia Dowdy~