Saturday, July 4, 2009

Setting aside one goal for a season...

Sometimes we get on the train heading in one direction only to realize that it takes several changes in station to achieve the destination.

My writing has had to take back seat this summer as I build the platform to support it into the future.

Although writing is my first choice, no one person can do it all. I decided mid-May to wait until after mid-July to continue my projects. I have to put a lot of energy into building the business side.

Now my new website is up, the jewelry is online and beginning to sell and I am off to compete for Mrs. International.

The energy. I keep coming back to that word. I've loved every bit of it. But energy is something we need to be good stewards of also. I think it's often missed.

Yes, I'll be getting back to writing in just a few weeks. I have a companion journal to finish with my non-fiction book and the second book in the Gems of Wisdom series to write. Then I need to reintroduce myself to a contest winning fiction manuscript that I put away when my mom passed. I put it away for a season. The season is ending.

Are you feeling drained?

In what way can you be a better steward of your energy?

Are you at the beginning or the ending of a season?

Angie
PS Please come visit www.MyGemofWisdom.com and see all the new stuff!

3 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

Yes, I have felt drained lately. My husband is a pastor and we got a new church this last month. While I love it, it is just draining to be around new people all the time. I can't seem to let myself be...me. Not yet anyway. I had a child get married in Dec., one graduate in May and one start dating (yikes!), so there have been lots of changes. It has affected my writing and I keep wanting to escape in books and movies to recharge. :)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

I'm in a restart season right now with early rising. I'm blessed to be feeling re-energized.

Angela, Good luck with all ahead!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

It sounds like you know where your priorities are, and that's the most important thing. I sometimes need a break from my writing to focus on other things. Good luck!