Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Marketing with One Sheets



Tuesdays with Tiff

By Tiffany Colter

On my daily blog I have been discussing how to market yourself to editors/agents this week. With people preparing for conference I decided that I'd use this space to talk about using one sheets to market yourself.

First of all I encourage you to keep these in perspective. One sheets are simply tools, like a resume, that will help you present your project in a professional manner. It will not sell a project all by itself.

Next, do not invest large amounts of money to make these. I am NOT good with computers but was able to put one together using a picture from clip art, my own proposed back cover blurb and my bio.

I used the tagline that I'd created for my story and the title at the top to grab the readers attention.

So think about how you'd summarize your book, what the back cover would look like, then add a graphic.

This is really the key to creating an effective one sheet and then what you do with it will get input from agents on the project...oh wait, I'll be discussing that Thursday on my main blog. I hope to see you there.

And if you'd like to know more about any of these topics then leave a comment and I'll address them next week.

See you soon.

Your Coach for the Journey, Tiffany Colter

1 comment:

Molly Noble Bull said...

Interesting.
Love,
Molly