Sunday, December 23, 2007

How do friends help you rest?



Today while Christmas shopping, a long time friend called to say she was in town. Man, was I excited! And tired! I was in the mall with my step-mom, had been all afternoon, when my friend called.

Both of us were getting pretty worn out and thirsty.

Janet happened to be visiting from out of state and stopped to eat at a restaurant in the mall. How cool is that?

Somehow, in seeing someone I missed, I walked out of the restaurant completely refreshed. My step was lighter, my heart felt giddy. I'd just had a couple of hours of respite from the rest of my stresses. In fact, there wasn't enough time to visit before she had to go on for all the others that wanted to see her. I felt so selfish wanting to keep her with me.

Even that little bit of time rested my mind. I'm so much more relaxed.

If you haven't taken time lately for your friends, find a way to work them into your schedule. Time may pressure you, but the load is lighter when you giggle and share life with someone who cares.

A great gift too, time. :-)

Angie
PS You can visit me over at http://godusesbrokenvessels.blogspot.com for my daily blog.

1 comment:

Lori said...

So, so true. Time is one of the best gifts. Right up there with friendship and book money. :)