Sunday, October 28, 2007

Rest Is Creative



Like any other job, writing takes a lot of creativity. Creativity is exhausting. What do you do to refill that creativity you are pouring out?

I think we automatically assume that the word "rest" means sleep or sitting down doing nothing. But true rest is something that takes you away from the norm and reenergizes you.

I love taking photographs of Montana. I love blogging about it so I carry my camera everywhere with me. It's fun and makes me feel joyful. The photo above is one I see often driving in and out of my hometown. I realized I look at that scenery every single time I drive by it. I watch it change by the seasons.


This is a view of the same field, in June, a little closer up.

It thrills me to see it. I'm never bored. And every single time, I feel lighter. I feel God's glory, power, and amazement at His creativity. Whether deep green grass or blue mountains and golden cottonwoods, the wealth of color stuns me.

Somehow seeing things like this...I realized one day that God is the creator of creativity. How funny! How long did it take me to figure out that the Creator was creative?! I just think that's hilarious! The best thing is that soaking in God's creativity never fails to recharge me.

My camera stays with me for fun, play, and hobby.

What do you do to recharge? What hobbies keep you relaxed and playful?

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you had a restful moment here:-) If you'd like to visit with me more, please hop over to my personal blog:
http://godusesbrokenvessels.blogspot.com

May God bless you with a joyful recharging today,
Angie
Psst, and a good rest:-)

No comments: