Sunday, October 21, 2007

An Ordered Day of Rest



This photo is one of my Awe Attack moments. It's a beautiful and restful view of Montana. I pulled over on the side of the road and stood up in the door of my car to snap this on my digital camera. I look at it often for a restful moment.

But sometimes we don't listen to our need to rest. Sometimes we keep plugging along until we are exhausted. Then our doctor tells us to stop because we are experiencing medical exhaustion.

God had it all planned out. He said, "And on the seventh day-rest." He knew our bodies needed time to recup. But just like we ignore the Ten Commandments (that were meant for our protection) now adays, we ignore the wisdom of the ages.

What does medical exhaustion look like or feel like? Inability to concentrate, dizzy or light-headed, unable to absorb your food, fatigue, shortness of breath, and racing heart/pulse.

How do I know? Ahem, um...

I guess even I need to be reminded to listen to my Creator.

So today, listen to the Wisdom that created you-rest. And stay tuned for ideas on how to incorporate rest into your life. What it looks like and how to practice refreshing rest. (Hey, the best way to learn it is to teach it, lol.)

Angie

3 comments:

Catherine West said...

Love the picture! I hope to visit your beautiful state one day! We actually have friends that have a cabin there. Thanks for the great thoughts.

Audra Marie said...

Now I'm missing Montana and my family there even more lol. I'm hoping to visit them next spring and maybe we can meet up. :)

I'm looking forward to reading more about incorporating rest into our lives. Practicing refreshing rest sounds wonderful. :)

Lynda Lee Schab said...

Wow! This makes me want to grab my digital camera and snap a few pics of the changing leaves...so gorgeous right now. I can definitely relate to the awe attack. Thanks for sharing, Angie. Great food for thought today.