Friday, October 19, 2007

Another round of introductions

Lynda Schab has written greeting card copy for Blue Mountain Arts and DaySpring cards. Her work has also been published in various print and online magazines. In addition, she is a contributing author to
Peculiar People's first collaborative book project, Struggle Creek, which is in the final stages of publication.

Lynda works behind the scenes at FaithWriters.com, where over thirty of her Challenge entries have placed in the top ten and have been published in their quarterly anthologies.

While she's felt very blessed throughout her writing journey, Lynda's lifelong dream is to write a novel. She is getting closer to realizing her dream, as she is on the homestretch of finishing her first Mom Lit, Mind Over Madi, the first twenty-five pages of which recently finalled in chicklitwriters.com, Get Your Stiletto in the Door contest.

Lynda recently discovered a new addiction (in addition to chocolate and eBay)...blogging! She's thrilled to be a part of Writers' Rest and looks forward to this new adventure.


Jenness Walker lives in Florida with her webmaster extraordinaire husband and Iggor, her laptop computer. She writes romantic suspense, romantic comedy, chick lit (with a co-author), and women's fiction. She has a minor in creative writing, is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, and has a newly acquired addiction to writers’ conferences. Jenness has been published in Marriage Partnership and Grit magazines, and her chick lit placed third in the 2007 Genesis Contest. Her goal is to write all the novels in her idea file before she dies…which could be a challenge, considering that with the size of the file at this moment, she’s booked for a couple decades. Unless, of course, she has to brand herself…


Hi, y’all! I’m Leigh, and I was born and raised in the beautiful state of Georgia. I have a degree in journalism and worked in the marketing/publications world before shifting to the work-from-home/freelance world in 1999.

I’ve written devotionals, children’s Sunday school curriculum and Bible study lessons for years. My first devotional book (Work-from-home Moms’ Devotions to Go) was published in 2006, and I have 2 devotional books for teen/tween girls in the works. I’m counting the days until the first one hits my doorstep!

I thought I would always write those same kinds of things … until the fiction bug bit and inundated my feeble little mind with ideas. I joined ACFW in Dec. 2006 and have learned so much in such a short time. I have much to learn but am thrilled with the journey and am having a blast!

My husband and I have been married for 17 years. He’s incredibly supportive of my writing and my crazy schedule (which is saying a lot, considering I usually live on about 4 hours of sleep). My children (ages 8 and 6) just think it’s cool that Mama can usually shift her work around to go on field trips or eat lunch with them. (Just don’t ask our daughter about the Christmas stocking I’ve still not managed to finish … that I started cross-stitching before her first birthday.)

I love to write, love to speak and love to teach. Most of all, I love being able to meld those things together in ways to serve our awesome Lord! I’m honored to be part of this group and hope you’ll visit often for some well-deserved Writers’ Rest.


Tap, tap, tap – is this thing on?

SCREECH.

I guess it is, so on with my speech. What was that, Cathy? Oh, ah, I’m not giving a speech? Just an introduction? Well, if you’re sure?

She’s sure, so I guess I’ll shelve the wonderful speech I’ve prepared.

Cathy, can I at least get a drum roll? No drum roll? What was that? Oh.

She says I’m taking too long, so I’ll have to wing this and make it brief. Writers usually edit out wordiness later, but I’ll attempt to do it first time around for my introduction I suppose. Here goes to the point:

Name – Audra Silva
Married – Yes

Ack – I’ve lost my voice! Not good for a writer to do at all. Let me try again:

I’m Audra, married to an amazing man (who finds me entertaining though I’m not sure what he means by that), and we have six (not a typo) kids. I’m a home schooling (who teaches who around here?), camera wielding, music listening, dance wiggling, novel reading, prose writing kinda gal learning to overcome my weaknesses by God’s AMAZING GRACE.

Sing with me. . .oh, no time for that. Cathy says I have to wrap this up now.

I’m excited to be here at Writers’ Rest where we hope to encourage, inspire and challenge you to write for His glory – that’s really all it’s about, right? Right. So let’s get to it.

P.S. A quick shout out to ACFW – I have learned so much from you all! THANK YOU!

Small print: Any errors in punctuation, grammar, etc. were intentional to see how much you were paying attention. You may point them out, but there’s no prize. Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Audra, you're hysterical. No prize?? What's up with that? :-)

Audra Marie said...

LOL - I had a tiny bit of fun with the intro. ;)