Friday, October 26, 2007

Free For All Fridays!

What exactly does this mean, you may ask.
Are we giving away free stuff?
Well, that's a great idea, but no. Not today anyway.
Free? What's free about it then?
Nothing in life is free anymore!
Oh, quit yer moaning. Yes, I can hear you.

So tell me, what IS free?
I'll start with my list, you send yours in, and we'll just be amazed at what we've come up with.

Air. Air is free. Technically, we don't pay for it. Some of us get a better deal than others.
I wouldn't want to be sucking air in New York City for example.
And right now, some of that Cailfornia air is pretty nasty - we need to remember those folks in our prayers.

Aha! Prayer - prayer is free.
You can come before the Father any time, any day of the week, any second. And you can open your mouth and pray. You can even pray in your head, and nobody knows. You can pray for Joe Schmuck while he's standing right in front of you bad mouthing you and he won't even know it! How cool is that?
It's awesome. Did you know you can tell God anything? It's so much better than trying to talk to your husband, or your mom or your dog. Sure, they might listen, give the occassional nod between snores, but come on, who wants to blabber on to mere mortals and animals when we've got the Creator of the Universe leaning in, just waiting for us to speak to Him.

The beauty of the earth. That's free. What a gift!
I'm sensing a theme here...
Yes, God has given us a wonderful place to live. Yeah, we're ruining it, but that's another post.
Get out there and spend some time admiring your gift this weekend. Go play in the ocean, walk in the woods or do what you do in whatever part of the world you are that gets you close to nature.
Get out there and give thanks to God while you're at it.

Gifts. Gifts are free. They're given to us for a variety of reasons, but hopefully all the gifts you've ever received have been given to you by people that love you.
God gave us the ultimate gift, didn't He?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son..." Yes, we all know the verse.
But think about it.
His only Son. To die.
For you. For me.
So that we might not perish but have eternal life.

I don't know about you, but that's the best gift I've ever been given.
It came at great cost to the Giver, but it is free for all to accept. Any time. Any place.

If you don't know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, please contact one of us and we'll gladly share our gift with you.

Have a wonderful weekend in Him!

5 comments:

Kaye Dacus said...

Writing is free, too! (Of course, this ties in with the "gifts"). Isn't it wonderful that we as writers can just close our eyes and be treated to a story more wonderful than any movie, TV show, or book we could ever watch/read? More wonderful because it comes from inside, from the free imaginations God gifted us with!

Catherine West said...

Good thought, Kaye! I think we sometimes get so caught up in the do's and don'ts of our craft, and the waiting and wondering will I ever get published, that we sometimes forget what a gift God has given us. It is wonderful to be able to use it for His glory.
PS. I will add you to our friends list!

Betsy St. Amant said...

Smiles are free =)

So is sleep!

Kindness, compliments, compassion.

HUGS!

Chocolate isn't free, but its worth the money =)

Leigh said...

I'll start with a big 'yes' to everyhing you've said already! Here are a couple of elaborations:

Hugs and smiles from my family are some of the best freebies around, especially because they're given with pure hearts (well, unless DD is trying to sweet talk me into a snack ...).

The ideas for the stories I write. Those have to come from God because I honestly never thought I'd ever write fiction because I didn't have a plot. Now I have too many!

The changes in seasons. I absolutely love to see all the trees and flowers go through their changes from one season to the next.

Lori said...

More free things:
the smell of rain
lightning bugs
endorphins
Lattes at McDonalds on Mondays