Monday, October 22, 2007

Fighting fuzzy-mindedness

Is your brain feeling befuddled, or are your creative juices congealed?

The next time you need a jumpstart to kick your creativity in gear, reach for a lollipop. Research shows that something about the sucking action helps stimulate your brain and get you thinking again. So the next time you need a writing break, run to the store for a bag of suckers (preferably not Dum-Dums since you know you’re way smarter than that :-) ). Add them to your secret stash of snacks (because don’t we writers all have one of those for emergency situations?) and get ready to kiss your fuzzy-minded moments good-bye.

Enjoy (and if you don’t like the cherry Tootsie Pops, feel free to send them my way)!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way! That's hysterical. I'll have to put lollipops on my grocery list. :-)

Janice said...

Very interesting! I'll have to get it a try. ;)

Betsy St. Amant said...

Awesome! What a wonderful excuse for sugars and calories =)

Catherine West said...

Would a popsicle do the same? I'd much rather eat a popsicle than a lollipop! Too sweet! ick.

Camy Tang said...

Maybe this is why I work better when I eat! LOLOLOLOL Any excuse for my M&M addiction...
Camy

Lori said...

LOL I've also heard that creativity is related to body temperature. The warmer you are, the more the creativity flows... Is that why I get all my best ideas in the shower?

Rachel Leigh Smith said...

Dum-Dums is the only brand with Watermelon and Pink Lemonade! I have to have Dum-Dums, sorry. :)

Lori- I had a GREAT idea in the shower the other day. And an awesome writing spurt yesterday when I was freezing cold, lol.