Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The wonder of it all...

Nothing causes wonder in the heart of a woman than discovering she's pregnant! I experienced that joy (and anxiety!) last week. I'm 6 weeks along, and other than a few mood swings and aches, am feeling wonderful! There is much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season. =)
Psalm 139:13
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

Already, I'm in awe of what God is doing inside me. There are moments of fear, of course, and moments of "oh my goodness, how in the world am I going to carry this baby to term and then raise it for the rest of its life?!?" but everyone assures me that's normal!

The most amazing and awe-inspiring part so far has been feeling the presence of Jesus stronger than I've felt in a long time. In the moments of stress, or pain, or fear, He is there. In the moments of peace, confidence, and trust, He is there. In the moments of sickness, of sleeplessness, of frustration, He is there. Anytime I allow worry to gain a foothold, I hear the voice of my Saviour clearly saying "It's okay. I've got this." And He does!

Even typing this I can't help but cry! Its been quite a journey already, and geez, I have 7+ months to go! =)

This holiday season, what brings you in awe of our Saviour? What is He doing in your life that makes your knees tremble and your spirit soar and your heart practically want to burst with praise and thanksgiving? What is He doing in your writing? For me, its been an adventure already, because my concentration is just GONE! I'm learning discipline with my writing and my word count goals, but I'm also learning grace and learning how to ease up on myself! What is He teaching you today?

This Thanksgiving, don't just focus on the turkey and the pumpkin pie and all those tasty treats (oh but by all means, dig in!) but also take the time to FEEL. To PRAISE. To WORSHIP.

To be in awe.

4 comments:

Catherine West said...

Sure puts worrying about those publishing or agent contracts in perspective, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing your joy! You are going to be an awesome Mommy!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Betsy St. Amant said...

Thanks Cathy!! I hope you're right =) I'm going to do my best! It'll be an awesome adventure and I'm so glad to know Jesus is walking it with me! Couldn't do it alone! =)

AngBreidenbach said...

Congratulations:-)
Angie

Lori said...

Praying for you, Bets!!
Love ya, chica!