...and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Lights." James 1:17
Top ten things I'm thankful for right now, in random order:
1) The kissable curve of my son's cheek. I'm addicted.
2) Cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves- they are the color, flavor and scent of fall. (Have you ever gotten the dust of spices on your hands and rubbed it between your fingers? They feel luxuriant - heavier than their weight. I can see why past civilizations traded spice as currency.)
3) God's favor- given without regard to desert, given wholly. I am the woman reaching out to touch the hem of his garment, desperate for mercy.
4) Nat King Cole- the Christmas Song album- audible chocolate.
5) The shape of trees when all the leaves fall off.
6) Imagination- the incubator of compassion and wonder. The furnace of curiosity. (Thank you, Father, for sharing Your imagination!)
7) The sparkle in my daughter's dark eyes when we make up stories together.
8) Thanksgiving leftovers.
9) God's gentle intervention in my short-sighted plans. He reminds me that He is wise and good, and He has eternal ends in mind.
10) Books, of course. Books, books, books. We are lavishly rich with them!
What about you??