Sunday, April 6, 2008

Naps!




I know, I know. Unusual title ;-) But this week I did something very unusual. I took a really long nap. In fact, it lasted 2 or 3 hours. The kitty, Ted E. Cat, snuggled with me. Ah, it was so comfortable.

I'd been to a physical training session that was INTENSE! Afterward, my body shook from the work out. My trainer told me to get some food in my body quickly to replenish the energy stores.

I did that. And then I worked the rest of the afternoon in my home office.

About 4:30p.m. I absolutely couldn't keep my eyes open any more. Plopped on the couch, my feet managed to migrate up onto the cushions.

I woke up around 7p.m.! I felt great, hungry, and totally surprised!

I guess sometimes we need to listen to our bodies and sleep for restoration.

When you are just too tired, nap!

Angie
PS Please visit me over at God Uses Broken Vessels for my daily posts and a tour of Montana.

4 comments:

Lynda Lee Schab said...

LOL...great post! I'm glad you got some much needed rest. I find it difficult to nap - I'm always thinking there are too many other things to do! But, if my eyes are stinging, I will lay down for a while. I've found that 20 minute power naps do wonders!

Catherine West said...

I do enjoy my naps! But don't tell anybody!
When I was younger I used to think it was funny that my parents and in-laws retreated to the bedroom at around 1pm everyday. But hey, now that I'm getting older, it doesn't take much to convince me I need a nap! Especially when my sleep pattern seems to be deteriorating rapidly. I can no longer sleep straight through the night, and it takes a toll.
There is great wisdom in napping!

Lynda Lee Schab said...

Cathy...if the door wasn't locked, they may have been napping. If it WAS, well.....the retreat might not have included napping.

LOL

Catherine West said...

UGH! So did not need that visual!!!
Ha, but with my inlaws, for sure. My parents...uh, in the middle of the day? I doubt it.
Ahahaha! Okay going back to work now!!Or maybe I'll go take a nap. ALONE!