Monday, January 7, 2008

Forced Rest



Ugh! I caught a cold. And you know, it isn't so bad. Okay, the cold is miserable, but I actually laid down for 2 1/2 hours today. My body needed time to replenish and heal.

I don't often let myself rest when I'm sick. Silly me. I felt much more refreshed (still icky) than before. It blew me away that it really helped clear my foggy brain amidst the stuffiness and stinging eyes.

Sometimes I think we go, go, go so fast that our bodies can't fight all those bugs out there. Then we find out that we should have rested earlier. sigh. So here I sit, resting. I'm letting my body recover.

What will it take for you to allow yourself a little rest? Do you have to get sick? Maybe you could preempt illness with a little bit of self-care. The Bible even says to love others AS yourself. If we keep pushing ourselves to the limit, is that really how you want to treat others? How loved would they feel?

So as I sniffle, I'm working out in my mind a schedule that will allow me to do what I need to do and take time to love myself AS I love others too.

Angie
PS Come visit over at God Uses Broken Vessels.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Get well soon!!

(And thanks for the reminder to do what God gives me to accomplish each day--no more, no less.)