Saturday, February 27, 2010

Are We Living In The End-Times?

By Molly Noble Bull
www.mollynoblebull.com

Wars, Rumors of Wars. Earthquakes, Waves Rolling:
Today there was an 8.8 earthquake in Chili and a 6.2 aftershock, so far. A giant wave could be headed for Hawaii.
Are we in the end-times? The last days?
If yes, what should we do to prepare?
The Bible isn't clear as to when the Rapture will take place. We have all heard about a pre-trib rapture, and I sure hope it will happen that way. But there are other possibilities.
Whenever the rapture takes place, the Lord will protect His saints. And those who truly follow Jesus ARE His saints.
As Christian Believers, we can rest in the blessed hope.
So, today I would like to leave you with a question. How can we best follow Jesus during these last days? Please leave a comment, telling how you follow Jesus.
I have some thoughts that I will share later. But for now, I would like to hear what following Jesus means to you.

5 comments:

Margery Peterson said...

For me following Jesus means asking Him every single morning to show me what He wants me to do that day. I always have my own agenda & schedule, & sometimes that gets totally changed because He has something (or someone) else that He wants me to do (or interact with). Following Jesus means asking Him to be by my side & show me what I need to do to tell others about Him & His love or just show His love in some way.

Molly Noble Bull said...

Thanks for writing, Margery. God is good.
Love,
Molly

Unknown said...

I think a lot of believers (and even nonbelievers who know Bible prophecy) are wondering about these same things.
Among other "signs of the times", we are seeing strange weather with unprecedented consequences. I live in the PNW and had daffodils blooming the second week of January!! Hello??!!!

I think following Jesus comes down to knowing what He desires and requires of each of us, individually, and doing it the best we can. TRULY the BEST we can...with all our effort and forsaking whatever else might try and distract us.

Following Jesus will look a little different for each of us. There are many very solid things that each believer should incorporate into their lives to be a "follower": obeying God's commandments, spending time in prayer and worship, etc. Then there are other things that are more individual. God will call some women to a certain way of dress and some men to a certain career path. He will call some children to homeschool and others to be a light to their public school. Individuals and families will follow Jesus in different ways, depending on the paths their lives have taken.

I think following Jesus boils down to knowing what He has called you to do/be and put everything you have into working toward doing/being that.

Molly Noble Bull said...

Thanks for writing, Sara. God teaches us one-to-one much like we were each the only child He had. I love that fact, and I think you probably do, too.
Love,
Molly

Anonymous said...

[saw this on the web recently - Jo]

Google "Copy of MacDonald's Handwritten 'Pretrib Revelation' is Found!" And Joe Ortiz's "End Times Passover" blog (3/9/10) is the first to air a facsimile copy of any part of it!
If you are looking for arguments used by pretrib rapture teachers, Google "Pretrib Rapture Secrecy."