Sunday, December 7, 2008

On the Road again

I bet you wonder if I ever stay home, lol. I really do. But today we are returning from one of our kid's college graduation.

I can tell you one thing for darn sure, I can't wait to rest in my own bed. I never sleep as well as on my own pillow.

In this last year, we have had 2 kids get married, 2 kids graduate high school, 2 daughters-in-law graduate college, 1 daughter graduate college, 1 relative fighting severe cancer, one grandson born, and various business trips.

I think about rest a lot :-D Then I pick on myself for not getting enough done each day. 

Now when I look back on all those changes, they are tiring even though full of joy. Then throw in the day job, the drive to achieve a goal and all the unexpected happenings like out of town company or cars breaking down or regular grocery shopping--of course I'm tired!

How about you? Have you thought about all you've done in the past year or do you constantly berate yourself for not getting enough done?

How can you be kinder to yourself?

What if we simply acknowledge how much we really do and allow ourselves a little bit more time for our bodies to catch up to our lives?

Going to get some rest soon,
Angie


No comments: