Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Learning Curve

I've spent a lot of time the last 2 weeks learning about how the operating board and my new position as the ACFW Publicity Officer works. Although I'm very excited and honored, I can now see that it's going to be quite a lot of work.

I've spent today doing a lot of marketing surfing on the web so I can learn more about what's available. It's fascinating and so full of information. I'm supposed to spend the next 2 years in this position. But just from the little bit of time I've had, I can tell you that I'm just scratching the surface.

The other thing it caused is quite a bit of exhaustion. Since the position is new to me, I am going to have to learn the boundaries and then set them. For instance, right now it's really late in Montana and I need rest. So I am actually going to be a good little role model today . . . And actually go to bed for some sleep.

I need it since I work, write, do appearances, cook, train, etc. I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open tonight!

Good idea, Angie, yes. Great idea to rest when I'm tired.

That rest idea sure keeps eluding me :-)
How about you? Are you allowing yourself to rest?

Thanks, 
Angie

No comments: