Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Inception – A Movie Review


Inception - A Movie Review by Cecelia Dowdy

I saw this movie last summer with my husband and all I can say about it is you have to pay attention.

One thing I didn't like was that they used the Lord's name in vain a lot and that didn't set too well with me.

I did find the story intriguing, especially since they had the dreams in four layers, a dream within a dream within a dream...

Cobb just wants to see his kids again, and he can't go home because he's WANTED. He’s a professional dreamer and he can get information about others via their subconscious – in their dreams. A project comes along, a very intriguing and difficult project involving the subconscious and if he's able to complete this project successfully, he'll be able to go home to his kids, whom he hasn't seen in a long time. In this project, instead of stealing secrets imbedded in the subconscious mind, he’s supposed to plant an idea into someone’s mind – Cobb needs to cause the breakup of a huge conglomerate if he wants to abandon his fugitive lifestyle and go home.

It's kind of cool to see people dreaming and how they see their longings in their subconscious mind. It's also kind of weird to see the dream and then to see others "interrupt" your dream since they're not supposed to be in that private part of your mind.

This is definitely a guy flick. I could imagine that a lot of females wouldn't care for this movie. I enjoyed the action in the movie, but, I must warn you, there is a lot of violence in this flick. The special effects were amazing and I really got caught up in the story.

Can you imagine being caught in a dream for fifty+ years? Frightening! Dreams and reality become muddled and then it messes with your mind.

This movie was very deep and, like I said, you need to pay attention to every word or you might miss something.

Seeing this movie reminded me about the fascination I’ve always had with dreams. When I was in high school, I wrote a paper about dreams and the subconscious mind. In the book of Daniel, God speaks to others through their dreams and He provided vivid messages while Pharoah was asleep.

It's hard for me to talk about this movie further without giving spoilers. If you've seen this movie, I'd like to know what you thought about it. I'd like to see it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. I think I got the whole story, but I’ll admit that this was one of the most intense movies that I’ve seen in recent years.

~Cecelia Dowdy~

3 comments:

Inception said...

Actually the thing you said about dreams and their duration, well that can actually happen, but lets not go into that. Great movie and excellent review!

Cecelia Dowdy said...

Well...Inception...How can you be stuck in a dream for several years? Are you talking about people who are in comas, or in a similar state of mind? I honestly don't understand how somebody could be stuck in a dream for over fifty years??

Molly Noble Bull said...

Good review, Cecelia. I haven't seen this movie. But now, I think I might.
Love,
Molly