Tuesday, June 9, 2009

People want the truth

Recently I have begun to try to be "Real" with people who read my blog. While I always strove to give accurate and useful information I feel that sometimes my blog was not as forceful as it should have been. I know because I can give myself as many excuses as anyone else. I know every reason why I don't have the time to accomplish a particular task. I make excuses [offer REASONS] and essentially give up.

Then I decided that I needed to toughen up and work in a way that truly honors God. I need to fully use my gifts so God is collecting interest on the talent he gave me.

A remarkable thing happened. When I took a tough love stand on the issues people responded with overwhelming positive comments.

They also responded by making meaningful changes and working to improve-rather than excuse.

This got me thinking. So many times we want to make the life of a Christian nice and sweet. We want to show God's "Good side" as if He needs us to explain Him to other people. What I have decided is that God needs to be allowed to be God. That means where He says that he will judge, we need to take that message seriously and offer warning and guidance to those who are headed for judgment. We need to do this in truth and love, not in demanding and judging.

People want the truth. People want passion and conviction. They want individuals to move beyond making excuses for themselves and everyone around them. They want to know God cares and we care enough to warn them.

As you create your stories, show God as He is. God doesn't need us to explaing Him. He can do it just fine himself.

Tiffany Colter is a writer, speaker and writing career coach who works with beginner to published writers. She can be reached through her website at www.WritingCareerCoach.com
Tiffany is a speaker and teacher. Find out about available topics for your group's next event.
Tiffany is a National Examiner. Read her articles here.
Learn more about Tiffany's Marketing techniques on her main blog.
Common-sense money management is free at The Balanced Life website. [www.TheBalancedLife.com]
Read Tiffany's award winning manuscript "A Face in the Shadow" on her fiction blog. [http://tiffanycolter.blogspot.com]
She writes a blog for the Christian writer Tuesdays at Writer's Rest.[http://writersrest.blogspot.com]

3 comments:

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Oh, so true, Tiffany. God is love, but He definitely has rules that we must abide by.

Warren Baldwin said...

Thanks for the tips on other helpful sites. I'll check some of them out. WB

Molly Noble Bull said...

Interesting thoughts here.
Congrats, Tiffany.
Love,
Molly
mollynoblebull.com