Sunday, March 30, 2014

Why Emma Right wrote DEAD DREAMS

By Molly Noble Bull 





.   Okay, Emma. Let’s hear it. Why did you write a scary sounding book like Dead Dreams?

Emma:
I wanted to write a story for young ladies on the cusps of adulthood, but who are not quite there yet. I wanted to explore possibilities that could be present in each young person as she travels in this journey of self-discovery and finding out for herself, when enough is enough; that limit that separates what's acceptable from too dangerous; and the possibilities these choices could lead to.
I have always enjoyed a good thriller mystery so I wanted to write a young adult book that has a strong message yet is still filled with intrigue. Hence, Dead Dreams.

.   Is it part of a series, Emma? 

Yes.

.   Who is your favorite character in the book?

There are two main characters in Dead Dreams—one being the more main protagonist. I like Brie O'Mara. She's innocent and has led a sheltered life, and suddenly she's eighteen, and moving out after being coddled by her parents. This new-found freedom is exciting and despite the hardships--mainly about money, since she wants to fend for herself and not accept too much help from her parents--she plods on and stays positive. In fact, maybe she is too positive, in a naive way. I could have been her. Each person could face a silver platter that looks so tantalizing and bright, it'd be almost stupid to refuse, especially if the person offered this option is young and inexperienced?

Excerpt:

Prologue





THEY SAY EACH dead body, a human corpse, has a scent all of its own, a sweet-sour smell. A cadaver dog picks up the odor as clearly as a mother recognizes a photo of her child. Of course, I wouldn’t know, for I am no dog. I might as well have been, the way I’d stooped to yield to my basic instincts. My mind wandered to her, what her unique smell would be when, and if, they ever were to find her.




****************************



After what happened, I decided to write out the events that led to that day and details in case I’d missed something, or might need it for defense, or in case they found me dead. My relatives might need to piece together the things that had spiraled out of control, if they wanted to put me to rest, to forget me altogether. That would be least painful for them. I nodded to myself as I sat in the car. I thought of my most favorite girl in the world: Lilly. At least Lilly’d have my dog, Holly, to remember me by.

My friends used to call me Brie, short for Brianna. But, I could
hardly count anyone a friend any more. I’d have to resort to back- watching if I wanted to survive.


.   Where can readers get your books?

Dead Dreams will be free from April3- the 6th for four days on Kindle. Both the paperback and the e-book versions are only available on Amazon. Keeper of Reign is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and all other major retailers.


Title: Dead Dreams
Author: Emma Right
Series: Dead Dreams #1
Publication: August 26th, 2013
Category: Young Adult (YA)
Genre: Psychological Mystery Thriller

Author Bio:

Emma Right is a happy, Christian housewife and home-school mother of five living in the Pacific West Coast of the USA. Besides running a busy home, and looking after their five pets, which includes two cats, two bunnies and a Long-haired dachshund, she also writes stories for her children. When she doesn't have her nose in a book, she is telling her kids to get theirs in one.
Right worked as a copywriter for two major advertising agencies and won several awards, including the prestigious Clio Award for her ads, before she settled down to have children.



DEAD DREAMS, Book 1

Genre: YA CONTEMPORARY PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER/MYSTERY,
Synopsis:
Eighteen-year-old Brie O’Mara has so much going for her: a loving family in the sidelines,  an heiress for a roommate, and dreams that might just come true. Big dreams—of going to acting school, finishing college and making a name for herself. She is about to be the envy of everyone she knew. What more could she hope for? Except her dreams are about to lead her down the road to nightmares. Nightmares that could turn into a deadly reality.

Book Trailer:

Music Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM7MI_3vqyo&list=LL5LsDxBbyw8P6SUMsc-edgA 

   LINKS   (

   LINKS   
Youtube  https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAdultAndKids




No comments: