Wednesday, November 23, 2011

NEW BOOK FROM MOLLY


by Molly Noble Bull


I would like to introduce my newest book—The Overcomers: Christian Authors Who Conquered learning Disabilities.

Yep, I’m dyslexic.
My previous books were novels. This one is non-fiction and written by five published novelists—Ginny Aiken, Margaret Daley, Jane Myers Perrine, Ruth Scofield and me, Molly Noble Bull. All five are multi-published.
My father and my maternal grandfather were real for sure Texas cowboys, and I spent part of my growing up years on a big cattle ranch in Kenedy County, Texas, living there during until January of my first grade year. I had a wonderful mother, but she was not a schoolteacher. Nevertheless, she was my home-school teacher, while we lived on the ranch, and not being in a regular school might have delayed discovering that I had problems.  
The book, The Overcomers, is divided into five parts, and each of the five published authors tells how their learning problems affected them as children and teens. For years, I tried to keep others from knowing my secret—that I had a learning problem. However, with the writing of The Overcomers, all five of us came out of the closet.
In my part, I share what it was like to seem normal but be the dumbest kid in my elementary school, and if you can image pushing a one hundred pound rock up a hill with nothing but a toothpick, you have some idea how difficult it is for a child with a learning problem to read or spell ten simple words. I also share some of my experiences as a teen and young adult, living on the Santa Rosa and the La Paloma Ranches. 


This photo was taken on the Santa Rosa Ranch, and I am the twelve-year-old girl on the left.

The next photo is of my grandfather, Seth Woods, in a lineup with the ranch cowboys. He is the cowboy to the left of the man on the wagon, and the child is my late uncle, Mack Woods. Seth Woods ran the Santa Rosa Ranch in Kenedy County for almost forty years. Mack Woods was once president of Polled Santa Gertrudis Breeders Association.  



To find The Overcomers and my other books at Amazon, write Molly Noble Bull in the search slot. You will need to scroll down to find The Overcomers. But you can’t miss it with that bright yellow cover. The Overcomers is available as a Kindle e-book for $3.99. To go to Amazon and see the e-book now, click below.
http://www.amazon.com/Overcomers-Christian-Conquered-Disabilities-ebook/dp/B006BU95EU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1322110408&sr=8-6 
A printed copy of this book will also be available soon in time for the holidays.

5 comments:

Molly Noble Bull said...

If you have a learning problem or have a family member who does, let us know about it. We want to hear from you.

Teresa Slack said...

I loved reading the book. Knowing you all these years, and having met many of the other contributors to the book and reading their work, I never would've guessed you have all dealt with learning disabilities. Thanks for the honesty and courage to share your stories. I know they will encourage and inspire many others who face the same obstacles.

Molly Noble Bull said...

Thanks for writing, Teresa. I hope adults and children with learning problems as well as their loved ones will be encouraged by our stories.
Love,
Molly

Gina Conroy said...

Margaret is in our writer's group and I don't remember her mentioning this one. Sounds like it will help a lot of people.

Molly Noble Bull said...

Margaret's story is written right after the introduction. I think you will find it interesting.
Love,
Molly