Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Polar Express - on DVD


When a doubting young boy takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole, he embarks on a journey of self-discovery that shows him that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe.

This movie is incredible! The scenery is vivid and moving and the music is great! We watch this movie every year and we never grow tired of seeing it.

A young boy finds himself doubting the existence of Santa. A train pops up in his front yard on Christmas Eve - a train to the North Pole. On the train, he meets an interesting cast of characters, including a young girl and a boy from the wrong side of the tracks. A series of mishaps and life-threatening moments occur, giving this story an edge over the sweeter Christmas movies. This is a nice, enjoyable story and if you haven't seen it, you should give it a try!

Have you seen The Polar Exress? If you have what did you like about it?
Merry Christmas, everybody!

~Cecelia Dowdy~

4 comments:

Teresa Slack said...

My husband watches this movie every time it comes on. He loves the scenery and enjoys the story. I'll keep my personal opinions to a minimum except to say I find something else to do while it's on. I think this is a movie you either love or hate. No middle ground.

Hope some others chime in and give their opinions.

Molly Noble Bull said...

As always, your article was well written, Celcia. Bravo. But as a Christian, I can't go for the lie of Santa.
However, I do love beautiful scenery. So, I might watch the movie just for "pretty."
Love,
Molly

Carrie Fancett Pagels said...

We enjoy this movie, too, Cecilia. There are so many strands to it. Have a blessed Christmas!

Cecelia Dowdy said...

Teresa, you know how movies are. Kind of like books, all a matter of opinion. Molly, as for Santa being the subject of the movie, I've found that most holiday/Christmas movies for children have Santa in them. It's more of a cultural thing. I never believed in Santa because we never celebrated Christmas in my house. Carrie, glad to hear you and your family enjoy the movie, too! Merry Christmas to you and yours!