Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Romans 14:12 for writers

Tuesdays with Tiffany
By Tiffany Colter


Romans 14:12 [Amplified]
12And so each of us shall give an account of himself [give an answer in reference to judgment] to God.

We will have to give an account one day.

That's what the Bible says. This past sunday my Pastor was teaching on this verse [among others] as he talked about what Jesus taught on finances. [My pastor is actually blogging so if you'd like to check him out click here.]

He was talking about what we invest. And when he came to this verse he said "We should make the most of every opportunity."

I scribbled that down and decided "I must blog on this."

Think about this, authors. God has given us a gift and one day we will have to give an account to Him. What will your accounting look like?

Played computer solitaire-3 hrs
emailed friends-4 hrs
thought about writing-7 hrs
talked about writing- 1 hour
Prayed-5 minutes
Bible study- 10 minutes
Watched TV-2 hrs
Wrote-??

I tell you one thing. I'm ready to write! I heard pastor's message and I was excited to write. I wanted to write. I realized this was a gift He gave to me and He not only expects me to do something with it. He's COUNTING ON ME!!

Yes, God is COUNTING on us to use the gifts He's given us.

And we will have to give Him an accounting.

Guess I should stop blogging and get back to work....How about you do the same.

Your Coach for the Journey, Tiffany Colter

Read Tiffany's full novel "A Face in the Shadow" one chapter at a time by going to http://tiffanycolter.blogspot.com

See you next Tuesday.

4 comments:

Catherine West said...

Yahouch! Who gave you my schedule???
Seriously this is so true. I think not only with the stuff we're supposed to be doing, but also in the time we devote to God - life just gets in the way and before we know it, we're neglecting Him. I know that when I do that, everything else is quick to fall apart.
Thanks for the reminder!

Fade to Black said...

Loved this. I was just challenging some of my friends who "twitter" and myself (who *does* do social networking), to make a record, or let your computer keep one. (Now *that's* scary - b/c you can't fudge when the little Facebook clock is clicking away.)
Thanks for cementing this need to "redeem the time."

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Tiff, I really like this, and said so efficiently, too. A writing I will go.

Molly Noble Bull said...

Tiff,
Loved your post.
You play Saltaire even more than I do. Wow!
Not sure I spelled Saltaire right, but that's okay. I am dyslexic. I'm serious.
Love,
Molly